What is a Doctor?
- A doctor heals you when you are sick.
- A doctor is someone you trust, trust with your life.
- A doctor holds your hand & tells you the hard truth of your diagnosis.
- A doctor brings healing when you are wounded.
- A doctor weaves the twin strands of the ancient art of medicine & the modern science of medicine around the patient.
- A true doctor works not just for the good of the patient, but for the good of all the patient’s in the community – public health – because a good doctor knows that we are all connected and interrelated.
- A doctor works for good.
- A doctor is in service to others.
- A doctor prays for healing of the sick.
What is an Anti-doctor?
- An anti-doctor makes you sick.
- An anti-doctor is someone you can’t trust.
- An anti-doctor lies to you & hits you with a hard hand.
- An anti-doctor wounds you and inspires violence & wounding.
- An anti-doctor binds you in the twin strands of the ancient art of lying & the modern barrage of social media.
- An anti-doctor works against the good of the individual & against the good of the community – by dividing, separating, spreading lies & conspiracies, and by projecting evil on to others.
- An anti-doctor works for no good at all, for evil, or just for his own good.
- An anti-doctor manipulates others.
- An anti-doctor preys on the vulnerable.
An Anti-doctor, Like all Fascists, is Anti-intellectual and Anti-science.
An Anti-doctor Does Not Value Intellectual Knowledge:
“I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me,” (Sullivan, 2018).
“It was not only an unusual statement for the leader of the Free World to make but a strikingly precarious approach to take when engaging in high-stakes negotiations as with North Korea over nuclear disarmament. Donald Trump seemed to believe that following his ‘gut’ would serve him better than any preparation, deliberation, or listening to the wisdom of his career advisers.”
An Anti-doctor is Anti-science & Anti-medicine:
“Donald Trump threatens to fire Anthony Fauci after US election: President plays up to chants of ‘Fire Fauci’ at curfew-breaching Florida rally.”
“Trump baselessly claims doctors are inflating coronavirus death counts for money as cases again hit record levels.”
“If it were up to the doctors, they may say: ‘Let’s keep it shut down. Let’s shut down the entire world’ — because, again, you’re up to almost 150 countries [with coronavirus cases] — ‘so let’s shut down the entire world. And when we shut it down, that would be wonderful. And let’s keep it shut for a couple of years,’ ” Trump said, adding: “You know, you can’t do that. And you can’t do that with a country — especially the No. 1 economy in the world, by far.”
“‘Maybe I have a natural ability’: Trump plays medical expert on coronavirus by second-guessing the professionals.”
“The upshot was that the self-proclaimed medical savant came off looking less interested in his administration’s unsteady efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus than he was in bolstering his own status in a campaign year. Trump repeatedly sought to judge his administration’s performance by the numbers of how many have been shown to have contracted the virus and comparing it to other nations — and, in doing so, appeared to be making judgments based solely on that scorecard.”
An Anti-doctor Gives Dangerous Advice:
“Trump Misleads on Hydroxychloroquine, Again: In revealing that he’s taking the drug to prevent COVID-19, the president distorted the facts.”
“And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? So it’d be interesting to check that…I’m not a doctor. But I’m, like, a person that has a good you-know-what” [pointing to his head].
A Doctor Cares – An Anti-doctor Does Not Care
- A doctor cares for the health of individuals and local and global communities.
- An anti-doctor care nothing for the health of individuals or local and global communities.
We need an anti-dote to the anti-doctor.
Vote: It is just what the doctor ordered!
 Anti-intellectualism is one of the ten ways that fascism works described by Jason Stanley in How Fascism Works.
 Bandy X Lee, Profile of a Nation: Trump’s Mind, America’s Soul, 51.